AAA members can take advantage of Select DMV and RMV services at Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and New York AAA Branches!
How many days do you have to register a car in Rhode Island?
After moving to Rhode Island, new residents have 30 days to register their vehicle with the Rhode Island Division of Motor Vehicles. Visit the local DMV office with: A completed Application for Registration and Certificate of Title (Form TR-1). Proof of auto insurance.
Can I register my car online in RI?
The Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) allows you to complete a number of transactions online from the comfort of your home. Find out how to reserve a vanity plate, renew your vehicle registration, or obtain your certified driver record online.
What do you need to register a car in RI?
- Insurance Information (valid RI insurance)
- Dealer Sales Tax form.
- Bill of Sale.
- Gross Vehicle Weight (GVWR is found on VIN plate on driver’s side door)
- RI license or identification card.
- RI Use Tax form (out-of-state dealers only)
- Power of Attorney (if leased vehicle)